Governor Kelly has modified the reopening plan for Kansas. You can view the modified plan here:
There is a new 1.5 Phase that modifies the dates and essentially pushes the reopening schedule back 2 more weeks.
This will cause us to make some changes to our reopening schedule:
- One Lord's Day service in the morning at 10:00 am - May 18th, 24th, 31st, June 7th, 14th
- We will still begin our Wednesday services on May 20th but we will have to meet in the sanctuary under the same restrictions as our Sunday meetings.
- We will not be able to resume ordinary Lord's Day services until June 21st.
- We will consider opening up other activities in June on a case by case basis. Right now we are still "waiting and seeing"
- I hope to be able to observe the Lord's Supper on June 7th as scheduled. Bars and nightclubs can be opened on that date to serve food and drinks, I think we could safely serve the Lord's Supper...
We will continue to be patient and cautious but we will press forward. The situation might grow worse in our country, state, or in Salina. We must be confident in Christ, bold in our witness, and courageous in the face of COVID-19.
We will have to follow some guidelines:
- Please consider not attending if you are in an "at risk" group
- Maintain a distancing of at least six feet
- Refrain from greeting times, visiting, and prolonged close social contact
- A separate Entrance and Exit (we will enter through the north door at the parking lot and exit through the south front doors)
- Masks are encouraged but not required
- Do not attend if you have Covid-19 or any symptoms of Covid-19 especially a fever
- No passing of the offering plate; it will be in the back of the sanctuary
- Children must remain with parents at all times
- Refrain from using the restroom except if necessary