A Clear Message
Some claim that the way of salvation is difficult to understand but it is not. It is a clear and simple message that we must present in a clear and simple way.
- The message must not be mixed with error - 16–18
- Those who gave out fortunes were said to have a python spirit.
- A python possessed slave girl would be a gold mine to her owners.
- What was being said was not a clear message.
- Most High God is more of a generic title that needs explanation.
- The way of salvation is ambiguous and needs definition.
- Jesus never allowed the demons to proclaim His name.
- Paul was irked by the continual barrage of the demonic nuisance.
- The message must not be twisted - 19–24
- What motivates the objector and persecutor of the gospel?
- The persecutors twisted the truth:
- They made a bigoted and prejudiced claim that was irrelevant.
- It was not the missionaries who instigated the uproar.
- There was nothing illegal about being a Christian.
- The missionaries were slandered and rushed to judgment - Matthew 5:11 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
- The message must be witnessed - 25–28
- Paul and Silas did not sin in their suffering.
- Paul and Silas expressed their faith in Christ through prayerfully singing songs of confidence and praise to the Lord - Psalm 42:8 The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me—A prayer to the God of my life.
- The message must be clearly and simply proclaimed - 26–34
- The power of God worked in the jailer’s life to cause him to realize his own helplessness and hopelessness and his need of salvation.
- Faith in Christ is all that is necessary for salvation.
- The message must be defended - 35–40
- Paul’s delay in revealing his Roman citizenship was because his primary concern was not his own safety but in providing legal cover for the new converts. If he would have left without due process then it would have meant that he was guilty of the charges and that the gospel was indeed trouble to the city that needed removed. Christians are not fugitives.
Will you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved today?
A Clear Message