God’s righteousness is can be received through faith in Jesus Christ and is available to all and on all who believe - Romans 2:21–22
for there is no difference - Because both Jews and Gentiles are guilty (Rom 3:19–20).
for all have sinned - Because all have missed the mark.
- Sin is transgressing the law of God - Romans 2:12
- Sin is a reigning power. - Romans 3:9
- All have definitely committed acts of sin
- All have been certainly condemned under the power of sin.
and fall short of the glory of God - People aren’t what they should be and do not put God where He should be - Romans 1:21–23
- All have failed to receive the divine approval of God.
- All lack the ability to measure up to God’s perfect righteous standard.
- All are defective in reflecting God’s holy image - Gen 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
being justified - Being justified is being righteous before God - Romans 2:13
- Being justified cannot mean that we are doers of the law because we are sinners.
- Being justified instead means that believers are declared righteous before God.
- Being justified is a free gift. It cannot be earned. It is received by faith.
- Being justified is given to believers by Him. His grace is His unmerited favor. He gives to believers His righteousness so that they have a righteous standing.
- Being justified is paid for by He is the Redeemer who paid the price to set us free - Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."
- He set us free from the power of the law - Romans 3:19a, Galatians 4:4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
- He set us free from the guilt of sin - Romans 3:19b; Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
- He set us free from the power of sin - Romans 3:9; 6:22–23
Being justified cost us nothing. The cost was paid for by God who obtained our justification through the redemption accomplished in Christ Jesus
Are you justified/Are you righteous? Faith in Christ is how we are righteous before God.
Romans 1:17 …as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”