What comes first in your life?
First in chronological order - 1 John 4:19
First in priority - Mark 12:28–30
Loving Christ first means loving our brothers and sisters in Christ first - Ephesians 4:2
- lowliness - humility; putting others first: physical and spiritual well-being
- gentleness - not harsh/cruel; Fruit of the Spirit/meekness
- longsuffering - Fruit of the Spirit: enduring with hope
- bearing with one another in love - holding back from one another; tolerate; putting up with and dealing with each other in an giving and sacrificial way.
Loving Christ first means putting Him and everything He says first - 1 John 5:3
- We desire Christ more than we desire anything else - Lamentations 3:24 The LORD is my portion, says my soul, Therefore I hope in Him!
- Our affections are for Christ Himself - Song of Solomon 2:16 My beloved is mine, and I am his. He feeds his flock among the lilies.
- Love motivates us to obey and follow Him -John 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments.
We love Christ both first in order and first in priority.
Luke7:47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.
Communion - First Love