Mary, the Mother of Jesus
Who was the first person to believe Jesus is the Christ?
Who was the most faithful follower of Jesus during His earthly ministry?
Who was the closest to Jesus during His earthly life?
Mary is blessed among women.
Luke 1:28 And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!"
Luke 1:42 Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
Luke 11:27 And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!"
The reason she is blessed is:
1) through woman would come all life - Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.
2) through a certain woman would come the promised Seed - Luke 1:30–35
3) because Mary believed - Luke 1:45; Luke 11:28 But He said, "More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!"
Mary believed - Luke 1:(45)46–55
- God lifted her up - 46–50
- She lifted God up - 51–55
Mary’s faith gave her a blessed assurance.
Mary obeyed - John 2:1–12
- Like everyone else, Mary needed to come to Jesus as a disciple.
- The new Messianic Age comes second but is greater in blessing than the first old age.
Mary’s obedience gave her a blessed assurance.
Mary surrendered - John 19:25–27
- Mary entered into a higher calling that transcends even the flesh and blood of family.
- Mary was entrusted to John as part of a new family of God—the church.
Mary’s surrendered relationship with Christ gave her a blessed assurance.
Anyone today can find a blessed assurance through faith in Christ, obedience to His word, and a surrendered relationship with Him!