Paul’s Journey to Rome
Paul surrendered to the will of God at Jerusalem. The Lord then sent him further to Rome bound in chains. Now we are told of Paul’s journey to Rome. What can we learn about the journey to the place where the Lord calls His servants?
- The Lord will provide a haven of rest - 27:1–12
- Paul was handed over (put under the power) of Julius.
- Paul was accompanied by friends.
- The sailing became difficult.
- The travelers found a respite from the difficult seas at Fair Havens.
- The majority was not content and sought a better place.
- The Lord will provide protection - 27:13–44
- The storm threatened to destroy them.
- Paul was given a message from God through an angel.
- The men learned the hard way to listen to Paul.
- Paul believed and acted and God saved the others alive along with him.
- The Lord will provide supernaturally - 28:1–10
- Paul’s shook off the snake like he shook off the attacks of Satan himself!
- The healings performed on Malta are the last recorded in the New Testament. These miracles attested and proved that the Lord Jesus was with Paul and that Paul’s gospel message is true.
- The Lord will certainly bring us to our destination - 28:11–16
- They spent three months in Malta. The trip took nearly a year.
- There were brethren that encouraged Paul.
- Paul wanted to journey to Rome but didn’t know he would arrive there years later in chains - Romans 1:10 making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you.
If you surrender your life to Jesus and follow His word then you will find peace and rest and joy and comfort and courage and assurance - Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
If you surrender your life to Jesus and follow His word then He will protect you and provide for all your needs and you will never be in want - Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
If you surrender your life to Jesus and follow His word then God will work supernaturally in your life to accomplish His will for His glory - 2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.
If you surrender your life to Jesus and follow His word then the Lord will certainly complete His work in us - Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
Paul's Journey to Rome
Topics: Christian Living